It is very easy to prepare, in about ten minutes, also ten minutes takes to cook, and we present to you a six person portion.
These classic cocoa puddings with a hot chocolate sauce contain just 215 calories each – and there’s a lemon version too.
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 100g self-raising flour
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 50g golden caster sugar
- 100ml skimmed milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil , plus extra for greasing
For the hot chocolate custard
- 2 x pots low-fat custard
- 25g dark chocolate , chopped
- STEP 1
- Heat oven to 160C/fan 140C/gas 3. Brush 6 holes of a muffin tin with a drop of oil. Sieve the cocoa into a large bowl, then add the rest of the dry ingredients. Stir to combine, then make a well in the centre.
- STEP 2
- Beat the milk, egg and oil together in a jug, pour into the well, then stir quickly to make a batter. Spoon into the muffin tin, then bake for 15 mins or until risen and firm to the touch. Heat the custard in the microwave according to instructions, or in a pan, then tip in the chopped chocolate and stir until smooth. Turn the puddings into bowls and pour the custard over.
MAKE THEM ZINGY
Lemon curd cakes with custard: To make your own luscious lemon puddings, omit the cocoa and add an extra tbsp flour and the zest of 1 lemon. Once golden, top with a small blob of lemon curd and serve with plain low-fat custard.