Can you quietly eat the food on which a fly has landed?

There are many things to do when you see a fly touching food. For example, you could throw away the food, but there are some people who eat it as if nothing had happened. Is food dangerous when it has been touched by flies?

According to researchers, flies are 2 times more likely to spread germs than beetles. This is because flies feed on disgusting things, such as rotting animals or feces.

In addition, flies do not have the ability to chew, that is, more specifically, to feed, spit enzymes that dissolve food. So, if a seemingly harmless fly lands on your food even for a second, there may be cause for concern.

Bacteria and viruses present in the body of flies can transmit various diseases, such as cholera, typhoid or dysentery. So, be careful when a fly lands on the food you eat, it would be advisable not to eat that food.

In addition to food contamination, female flies can also lay eggs in food. According to zoologists, flies prefer fermented products, such as garbage or feces. A fly can lay up to 120 eggs simultaneously. After a maximum of 24 hours, the larvae break eggs and begin to feed.

Accidental consumption of housefly larvae is not usually a cause for concern, but sometimes complications can occur, and bacterial poisoning can occur.

In addition, flies can lay eggs on various parts of the human body, such as infected skin wounds.

Share via
Copy link
Powered by Social Snap